Wed / October 17th AND Beyond
Bristol + More Belgian Beer Dinner
The Blue Star / October 17th / 6:30pm / $50++
Call to make reservations: 719.632.1086
The Blue Star is starting a month long series of mini beer dinners. Each dinner will be on a Wednesday night, each will have three courses and each will be paired with Belgian Beers. Sounds like a really fun experiment to me and we'll hear more about those soon, but the first one is with Bristol Brewing (also featuring Boulevard and Ommegang) on Oct. 17th.
- Boulevard Tank 7 Saison / Piment d'espalette Chicharrón, Spicy pork rinds
- Bristol’s Witbier / Peanut butter braised pork belly, banana bread, apricot, lemongrass BBQ, plantain crusted Vidalia
- Bristol’s Belgian Style Dubbel / Thai chicken sausage, tropical fruit slaw, coconut pate, mango
- Bristol’s Belgian Style Tripel / Carbonnades a la Flamande, Belgian stew of beer and beef
- Ommegang Three Philosophers / Oatmeal cookie ice cream sandwich
Thurs / October 18th
Bristol Beer Dinner at the Melting Pot
Call The Melting Pot for details. We've been to one of these dinners before and it was great, beer and fondue is a fantastic combo. Here's the menu:
- First Course - Marinated Brats and Sausages served with Scotch Ale Mustard Sauce. Tasted with Bristol's Scotch Ale.
- Second Course - Traditional Swiss Fondue made with Bristol’s Compass IPA. Gruyère and Emmenthaler Swiss cheeses, garlic, nutmeg, and lemon. Mardi Gras Cheddar Fondue made with Bristol’s Mass Transit and tasted with Bristol’s Dubbel – Belgian. Aged medium-sharp cheddar and Emmenthaler. Swiss cheeses melt beautifully with beer, Garlic, cajun seasonings, and Andouille sausage.
- Third Course - Filet Florentine , Lemon Garlic Pork, Mole-Marinated chicken, Mushroom Ravioli, Teriyaki Sirloin , and White shrimp served with Spicy Tempura Mass Transit Beer batter Served with Vegetables and Melting Pot Signature Sauces. Tasted with Bristol’s Laughing Lab Scottish Ale.
Fourth Course - Dulche De Leche Dark Chocolate tasted Bristol’sWinter Warlock.
Biaggi's 3rd Annual New Belgium Dinner
6:30pm / $65 all inclusive / RSVP Required 719.262.9500
1805 Briargate Pkwy, Colorado Springs
- 1: Skewers of apples and brie wrapped in prosciutto with cranberry pesto. With Fat Tire.
- 2: Crispy Lobster Croquets with pineapple tarter. With Peach Porch Lounger
- 3: Mache, grilled hearts of palm, citrus glazed walnuts, goat cheese, pomegranate dressing. With Blue Paddle Pilsner Lager
- 4: Smoked wild mushroom rissotto with crispy pancetta and shaved gouda. With 1554 Black Ale.
- 5: Fresh Florida grouper seared with bacon laced rapini in a red pepper cream. With Lost Abbey Collaboration Brett Beer
- 6: Venison shank slowly braised with garlic, herbs, and root vegetables, served with pumpkin gnocchi. With Red Hoptober.
- 7: Layers of flourless chocolate tort and hazelnut buttercream topped with rich banana mousse. With Abbey Belgian Style Ale.
Thurs. October 25th
Phantom Canyon Brewer's Dinner
Cost: $50/person, all inclusive
Deadline to Reserve a Seat: Oct. 19, 2012
Call 719-635-2800 to make your reservation.
At Phantom Canyon Brewing / 3rd Floor Banquet Room
- Reception: Ring of Fire Green Chili Ale
- Salad: Arugula salad / Sliced apples, candied pecans, citrus herb goat cheese, local honey & saison vinaigrette / Paired with sEXy Lion Tamer Soured Saison.
- Soup: Roasted garlic and potato soup with bacon croutons / Paired with Czech-style Pilsner.
- 1st Entree: Pumpkin-ale marinated pork tenderloin / Pumpkin Beer-bread stuffing, sweet onion compote, fried squash blossom / Paired with Halloweenhead Pumpkin Ale.
- Palate Cleanser: Beers Made By Walking Rose-hip and Sumac Saison
- 2nd Entree: Steak roulade / Beer braised cabbage, bacon, German cambozola cheese, potato croquettes, pickled baby beets / Paired with Octoberfest Lager.
- Dessert: Chocolate Tres leches cake / White, milk, and dark chocolate sauces, candied chili peppers / Paired with Mole from the Ministry Stout.
- - -
Stay up to date with Focus on the Beer. You can receive email updates and join us on our Facebook page.