Saturday Nov. 10
Paradox Firkin Party at Swirl Wine Bar / 6-8pm
Paradox Firkin Party tomorrow Saturday the 10th at Swirl Wine Bar! Meet the brewer, get complimentary samples of their new series of brews and $7.5 for pints. 717 Manitou Avenue #102, Manitou Springs.
Sunday Nov. 11
Belgian Beer Brunch at Front Range BBQ / 10am
RSVP at 719.632.2596
An awesome looking Belgian Beer Brunch at Front Range BBQ. This five course meal comes with eight beers. We've detailed all the information here. Space is limited and almost all gone, so call quick. 719.632.2596.
Wednesday Nov. 14
Elevation Beer Co. Takeover at Brewer's Republic / 6pm
Wow, this is an extraordinarily impressive lineup of Elevation brews. All beers will be on tap at 4pm and then you'll get a chance to meet the Elevation brewer starting at 6pm. What a treat! Here's a list of the beers: Oil Man Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout, First Cast IPA, 8 Second Kölsch, Signal De Botrange aged in Red Wine Barrels, Apis IV, Downpour Double Red IPA, Prostator Smoked Dopplebock.
Belgian Beer Dinner at Blue Star / 6:30pm
RSVP at 719.632.1086.
A good looking beer pairing with Belgian style beers from Funkwerks and Bristol. The event requires an RSVP and you should do that now because they may stop taking reservations soon. You'll also be able to meet the owners Brad Lincoln (Funkwerks) and Mike Bristol (Bristol). Here's a menu:
- Funkwerks Saison / Moules frites, Apple tarragon compound butter, caramelized shallot, farmhouse broth
- Funkwerks Tropic king Imperial Saison / California timbal crab and avocado salad, banana kewpie mayo, short grain pilaf, crispy snaps
- Funkwerks Deceit / Fall scallop seared sea scallop, spiced pumpkin bread, maple pumpkin butter, ginger bread bacon
- Bristol Dubel / Dry fried wings crispy chicken wings, apricot duck sauce, smoked pork fried rice
- Bristol Tripel / Tripelbrauten, Beer brined beef, apple kraut, triple mustard, garlic confit whipped potato
Funkwerks Takeover at Brewer's Republic / 4:00pm
The taplist isn't completely in yet but we'll get that posted when Brewer's Republic sends that to us. If it's anything like the Elevation Takeover I'd say this is a not-to-be-missed event. You can meet the Funkwerks brewer starting at 4pm and I'm sure they'll stick around for you a while. What a great series of events coming from our local bar! **UPDATE**
Here's the list of beers: Leuven (5.7% similar to Berliner Weisse), Liege (7.8% Hopped Belgian Ale), Nit Wit (5.7% Witbier), Saison, Tropic King, Mistral (6.2% hoppy harvest ale), Montagne (6.1% Saison), Deceit (9.4%).
- - -
Stay up to date with Focus on the Beer. You can receive email updates and join us on our Facebook page.